Spotlight

Mount Vernon Entrance Improvements

The Mount Vernon Campus entry improvements are the result of discussions that occurred during the community-based planning process, which led to the 2010 Mount Vernon Campus Plan.

Square 102/The George Washington University Museum & The Textile Museum

The GW Museum and The Textile Museum will foster the study and appreciation of art, history, and culture, both within the university and throughout the global community.

Avenir Foundation Conservation and Collections Resource Center

The Avenir Foundation Conservation and Collections Resource Center. will be an environmentally controlled structure specially designed for the long term protection, study and care of the university’s collections.

Square 39/Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University

Square 39 is the site for the university’s new home for its Milken Institute School of Public Health.

Gelman Library

This transformation of Gelman Library's entrance floor into an attractive, state-of-the-art, student-oriented space began in early 2011 when student groups were invited to provide input for a concept study on renovation options.

Square 103/Phase 1 - Law Learning Center & Garage

Located at 2028 G Street, this project houses one level of program space for GW's Law School and four levels of underground parking containing approximately 392 parking spaces.

Square 80/Green Plaza

As an open space amenity of the 2007 Foggy Bottom Campus Plan, GW agreed to convert the existing surface parking lot adjacent to South Hall (Square 80/mid-block) into a green and open space.

Square 80/School Without Walls & South Hall

The School Without Walls (SWW), one of DC's non-traditional public high schools, aims to utilize the City's resources to give students a richer and more fulfilling education.

Square 54/The Avenue & 2200 Pennsylvania Avenue

After several public hearings in 2006 and 2007, the DC Zoning Commission unanimously approved this project May 2007 and the official order was published on October 12, 2007. Construction commenced in spring 2008 and was completed in mid 2011.

Charles E. Smith Center

This renovation project was scheduled to occur in three phases: Phase I January-April 2009; Phase II April-November 2009; and Phase III November 2009-Fall 2010.

1925 F St.

In 2007, GW President Steven Knapp announced plans to make the historical landmark located at 1925 F Street his private residence. Renovation and restoration of the property was completed in Summer 2008 with additional work in Summer 2009 on exterior garage enclosure.

West Hall

This project provided approximately 287 beds for undergraduate students and 3 units for professional staff in a design that is in keeping with the architecture, scale and materials of the existing campus environment.

Ames Hall

The renovated and expanded Ames Hall contains a blend of academic classrooms, informal student gathering space, faculty offices, and other academic and administrative support space.